Payroll Specialist (South Bay) Direct Hire
- Update payroll records by reviewing any changes in exemption status (with approval from HR Manager or VP of HR), insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, job levels, job code changes and department changes.
- Manage onboarding and off boarding and employee changes as it relates to payroll and benefits; initiate the periodic review of employee and related data to assure information in ADP and other HR systems are accurate and reconciled.
- Enter and verify data for processing in ADP payroll system including verification of timecards and approvals, in accord with bi-weekly payroll schedule.
- Reconcile vacation, sick leave, personal days, short and long-term disability, long term care, flex plan deductions including medical, dental, 401(k) loans, health reimbursement and dependent care to payroll register.
- Prepare and submit related payroll and benefit journal entries with the General Ledger, in support of month-end closing, to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Verify and distribute paychecks.
- Process manual checks for specific payroll requests, as approved by VP of HR.
- Manage requests for employment verification, as requested.
- Oversee ADP and leave management vendor to ensure employees’ time is properly recorded and related pay transactions are processed accurately.
- Provide unemployment and disability insurance information to EDD, as needed.
- After each payroll, prepare 401(k) remittance summary within legally required timelines, including required approvals.
- Process any requirement wage garnishments and maintain updated records.
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience with direct responsibility for payroll in a multi-state environment with high levels of proficiency and accuracy.
- Advanced or expert knowledge of Excel and ADP Workforce Now required.
- Strong knowledge of employment/tax laws, benefits administration and deep knowledge of ADP payroll systems and other HRIS systems.
- Prior experience with payroll related benefits administration, including 401(k) contributions, census reporting, health insurance billing reconciliations required.
- Experience with leave administration is desirable.
- 2 years prior experience managing benefit audits and supporting financial audits ideal.