Direct Hire HR People Ops- San Francisco
A San Francisco based start up is looking to hire their first ever HR professional. This role will be a remote position while we navigate COVID-19 but, will soon transfer into an “in office” opportunity once the threat of the pandemic is reduced. The company is a fast growing organization, on its way to becoming public rather soon. This is a huge role for someone that is eager to roll their sleeves up and create major change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update & distribute global organizational chart monthly; Maintain historical files for company
- Assist with organize trainings and other company events including: planning, organizing, catering, budget management, materials, technical support, etc.
- Provide support for tracking budget items related to certain benefits and HR expenses to create reports on trends of spending and budget management
- Update policies and procedures and ensure they are properly distributed
- Handle complex ER issues that arise. Including: investigations, write-ups, reports and terminations
- Partner with HR Manager with recruitment coordination, process improvements to ensure smooth execution and communication, and track candidates
- Assist with onboarding, new hire orientation and benefit enrollment
- Review and update annual benefit statements
- Coordinate exit interviews and process terminations
Skills and Specifications:
- Ability to recognize and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential material and information
- Ability to produce highly accurate work with excellent discretion, judgment, tact and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills: warmth, sensitivity to others, maintaining a service focus for all internal and external customers.
- Collaborative team player with a results-focused orientation
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer required
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 – 5 years prior experience as an HR Representative. PHR ideal