HR Manager (San Francisco) – Part Time Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all functions concerned with human resources including policy, salary and wage administration, recruitment, career development, employee benefits, personnel files and records, and compliance with all state and federal regulations in regards to employees
- Manage and provide leadership to the exempt and non-exempt salary administration plans.
- Provide training to management staff related to human resource issues.
- Implement personnel policies through development of appropriate procedures.
- Facilitate the complete employee lifecycle from recruitment to retirement for all employees of Associated Students.
- Develop and deliver staff orientation and training
- Maintain successful fiscal management through salary administration and employee benefit management planning and implementation.
- Develop, implement and monitor annual budget process for the Human Resources Department.
- Ensure accurate and reliable payroll administration by accounting and finance departments.
- Counsel and advise staff regarding labor laws and proper procedures for employment practices and wage administration.
- Monitor the safety procedures of all departments, including but not limited to Risk Management and Harassment Training.
Skills and Specifications
- Good oral, presentation, written, analytical and computational skills are also important, and an understanding of employee/employer relationships is a must
- Knowledge in salary administration, personnel policies, performance appraisal, and regulatory compliance pertaining to human resources is a requirement.
- Strong human relation skills and the ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with students and staff.
- Familiar with HRIS data systems, specifically ADP.
Education and Qualifications
- A BA/BS degree in a related field along with at least five years of successful human resource management experience is required