HR Admin (South bay) Direct Hire
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports various HR initiatives, including training, performance evaluations, benefits open enrollment, and talent selection for supplemental employees
- Updates, maintains, and delivers new hire orientation for both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Audits and maintains all employee personnel files for both regular and supplemental employees
- Updates and maintains new hire and termination documentation; prepares documentation as needed
- Tracks, updates, and submits new hire and exit surveys to employees; prepares quarterly reports and updates questionnaires
- Updates, edits, and enters new or modified information into the HRIS database
- Completes and submits requests from employees for verification of employment
- Tracks, maintains, and monitors Form I-9, Request for Verification of Employment; purges terminated employee files, and completes e-Verify for new employees
- Updates and maintains various tracking databases or spreadsheets, including applicant tracking and performance evaluations/goals
- Facilitates and administers the recruitment for all supplemental/temporary employees, including preparing and tracking offer and 401(k) participation letters, scheduling interviews, and submitting candidates for background checks or drug screens as needed
- Responds to requests for information or reports from departments or employees
Skills and Specifications
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Professional appearance.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Able to motivate and empower others to reach organizational goals.
- Familiar with HRIS data systems, specifically ADP
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Three to five years of experience working as an Administrative Assistant in Human Resources, Accounting, or Payroll functions