Direct Hire Payroll Manager- Peninsula
This position is full-time, with full benefits and is responsible for running Payroll for US and working with outside payroll vendors to run International Payroll and ensuring overall compliance and execution of payroll functions.
We’re looking for an energetic leader who will be contribute to our “People First” culture by providing high quality service to our hard-working employees.
What are some of the day to day responsibilities?
- Accurately manage and process all semi-monthly, multi-state payroll; including bonus and commissions, expenses, salary adjustments and ensures compliance with pay rules.
- Administration of Company’s 401k plan, managing timely submissions, rollovers and withdrawals.
- Develop and implement various improvements to streamline payroll processes and procedures and interface with employee benefits and human resources to establish best practices.
- Prepare a variety of payroll related documents including payroll register, W-2, quarter tax filing for the purposes of compliance and audit.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll, review off-cycle payroll, ensuring timely check processing and reviews payroll reports.
- Handles escalated field queries and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Review and approve monthly worlwide expenses
- Collaborates cross-functionally with HR department for new hire processes, terminations and leaves of absence.
- Provides bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to Accounting and HR.
- Ensures payroll tax payments are in compliance with applicable federal, state and local tax laws.
- Maintains Company’s payroll compliance by staying up to date and preparing for new federal, state and local legislation, educating and training departments and advising management of changes.
- Develops internal controls to ensure the quality and efficiency of all payroll functions and regulatory compliance.
- Review and update payroll related policies and procedures
Successful candidate criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience with processing multi-state payroll
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) highly preferred
- Experience with Paylocity is preferred
- Experience with Concur is a must
- Expert knowledge of multi-state payroll, payroll tax rules and regulations in the U.S.
- Demonstrated ability to create custom payroll reports.
- Track record of maintaining a positive and collaborative work atmosphere while imparting a warm customer service approach to all internal employee issues.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable: Candidate should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Exceptional attention to detail: Candidate must live by the mantra of “the devil is in the details” and will take great pride in getting it right.
- Results oriented: Candidate should be able to collaborate with different individuals across the organization, and “roll-up the sleeves” in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a team player who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions of new initiatives.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Occasional bending and standing.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.